Pencils by Jed Dougherty
Inks by Scott Hanna
Colors by Blond
Cover by Stephen Segovia
Here's the first several pages:
I'll be on this book through Issue #32- hopefully some of you will enjoy it!
Justice League United: Futures End #1
Written by Jeff Lemire, drawn by me, colored by Gaberiel Eltaeb, cover by Mike McKone.
Contrary to what the solicitation text says, this is the first part of a two issue story that will continue Sept 17th in Justice League: Futures End #1 which is also drawn by me.
Anyway, this story features Equinox: a young Cree superheroine who defends the Canadian wilderness, as well as more established characters such as Cyborg and The Flash, embarking on a mission to Mars to help the Martian Manhunter.
I'm getting some steady work drawing for DC comics, so I will let you guys know when more issues are available. I'll also try to get some preview pages up here if DC releases any.
So last year I got triple tagged with this question meme thing by Tigersan, Wafan and Ayanamifan. I have been slacking off and not answering their questions for long enough, I guess?
These things always have a randomness, authoritarianess and nosiness that kind of bugs me. So I am going to answer some of their questions, but I am not passing the chain or any of that stuff.
1.) You must post the rules.
2.) Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal.
3.) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4.) You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5.) Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
6.) No stuff in the tagging section about "you're tagged if you're reading this". You legitimately have to tag 10 people.
Fact 1: You can buy a copy of my sketchbook over here: jedsart.net/jebriodo2013sketch… </shameless plug>
Fact 2: I work as an assistant to a comic artist- backgrounds, zipatone, greytones.
Fact 3: My first job after graduating college was temping on the graveyard shift at a fish packing warehouse. I was fired after a week.
Fact 4: I have a bachelor's degree in painting.
Fact 5: Though there is a rumor to this effect, my wife is not a bodybuilder.
2. What is the most impressive feat of strength you have seen drawn here on DA?
I can't find it at the moment, but SuperCDR has done some nice animations of super strong women. One of the problems with feat of strength artwork is establishing scale- if a character is lifting something huge, then they often wind up being a miniscule figure in a still image.
3. What's the best book you have read so far?
I am a poor judge of literature, so I won't say BEST, but I will say my FAVORITE book is Shadow of the Torturer by Gene Wolfe.
5. What is the farthest you have ever been away from home?
Nepal, Chitwan Park, on a canoe in a crocodile infested river.
6. Did art ever teach you something that helped you with other aspects of your life?
I think it has taught me patience and observation.
8. Do you believe in the existence of an immortal soul?
9. When you are out of ideas and don't know what to draw/ paint, how do you get your creative spark back?
A lot of my art output is commissions or drawing from scripts, so when I can I like to just draw without a finished image in mind. If I am stuck for ideas, I try to use a different medium, or copy the style of someone who is making me feel like I don't know how to make artwork (try and steal their tricks so to speak).
11. Last question... since I try to get back to drawing some and since I'm especially trying to put Kira into some interesting scenes/ situations, name at least one situation/ scene or whatever you'd be interested to see.
I would like to see Kira being heroic.
6/ Your 3 favorite Movies?
Mystery Men, From Dusk till Dawn, Bubbleboy
10/ Who was the 1st celebrity you had a crush on, if I may ask?
11/ Tell me the next number in this sequence: 1, 3, 4, 7, 11, -- >;D
String or nothing!
1. How and when did you realize you had a crush on muscular women?
First I had a crush on muscles. Then when I started getting interested in girls, I was an avid re-reader of one of my older brother's bodybuilding magazines. It had an article on Carla Dunlap and I have been stuck on musclewomen ever since.
2. Did any of the girls you know inspire you to draw/create a muscular version of her?
Yes. A gal from swim class in high school was the first one.
4. How do you feel around women? And how would it look like if you had a chance to talk to your all time favorite FBB or fitness model?
Nervous. It would look like a sweaty guy babbling.
6. What's your favorite theme when you create art? Sci-Fi? Fantasy? etc.
7. If you could snap your fingers and learn something new in one second what would it be?
9. If you found a lamp and genie came out offering you only one wish what would it be?
Something sad and desperate.
Now you know!